Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Seeking Grace

So many events over the past month or so have made it very clear to me: without God's grace, life is too darn hard.
Thankfully He pours His grace over us time and time again.

As I thought about this, I realized that He presents us with many opportunities to accept this grace, but are we actively embracing it?
Something is there, just waiting for us, but are we acting on our own to use that gift, and let is transform us?

In the Catholic faith, we have the Sacraments, and in frequenting those Sacraments, it draws us closer to God, and He bestows grace upon us. But that's the catch...making use of those Sacraments.
Mass.
Prayer time.
Adoration.
RECONCILIATION....how many Saturdays do you plan for it, then find a reason you're "too busy"?
("Just as darkness disappears from a room when the light is turned on, so too must sin disappear from the soul with the coming of sanctifying grace.")
Happens here all the time.

I find moments when I realize I could use more grace to be the wife & mother, friend and daughter I need to be, and perhaps, it's my own fault for not seeking out that grace.
For not working harder for it.
God's there, waiting for me.
Why am I not going to Him?

Ephesians 2:8: For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God 

As I attempt to get back into the groove of blogging (lots to share;), I kick off with this somewhat deeper thought, coming your way from my brain at 5:45 a.m.









1 comment:

Erica Saint said...

Can't wait to read what is new with you! :-)